How to install iAtkos v1.0r2 onto a AsRock 775i65 system (or similar)

Exploit

8 posts in this topic

How to install iAtkos v1.0r2 onto a AsRock 775i65 system (or similar)

My computers specs :

Motherboard: AsRock 775i65g

CPU: Intel Pentium D - Dual Core - 2.8GHZ - 800MHz FSB

Memory: 2 x 1GB DDR

Lan: Mobo Built In Realtek - Realtek 8139 Driver

Audio: Built in

Video: PNG Nividia FX 5200 -QE/CE working

Hard Drives: 1x 15GB IDE - 1x 250GB - S-ata (Sata not working with Leo)

DVD Drive: S-ata LiteON DVD Burner

Case: Deb's Black and Blue.

Quick notes :

- You CANNOT install any version of leopard onto a S-ATA drive on this setup because there is no AHCI mod preset.

- You CAN only install onto an IDE drive that is larger than 5GB (preferable 15GB +)

- You must have iAtkos v1.0r2 and not iAtkos v1

- This guide DOESN'T go into great detail, i presume you have read other, more in-depth install guides if your reading this. If you haven't i suggest you do.

Required BIOS settings : (press F2 on startup) (Search google for your motherboards latest BIOS update and follow the instructions to install) (the latest 775i65 BIOS is ver3.2)

- HPET = Enabled

- CPU internal thermal control = Enabled

- Set Maxcpuid = Disabled

- No-Executable-Status (NX/XD) = Enabled

Installation Guide:

1 - Pop your iAtkos DVD into the DVD-Drive start your PC and press F11 to get to the boot menu. Select the DvD drive and hit enter. You should now see the disks boot-loader, hit enter again to start the disk up.

2 - Once loaded open up the disk utility and totally re-partition your drive to MBR creating a whole disk partition named "Leopard" (or something similar)(whole disk may not be necessary but its the only way i have gotten anything to work)

3- while your still in disk utility right click the partition you are going to install and scroll to the bottom, not the disk number and partition (eg - 0 and 1 or 1 and 1 ect...) Close disk utility.

4- Open up terminal type: fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (replace the 0 with the number of your disk)

-- Now type p (this will show you the partitions on your disk)

-- now type: f 1 (change "1" to your appropriate partition) (this will flag the partition as "boot" and active)

-- now type: u (hit enter) (this means update)

-- now type: w (hit enter) (this means write)

-- now type: y (hit enter) (this means yes)

-- now type exit and close the terminal

5- click continue on the installation until you get to the disk selection page. Select the partition which you previously made (i named mine "Leopard") hit continue.

6- Customize your install with these options:

-- Main System

-- Bootloader [TAB]

---- Darwin EFI (but remove the stock kernel from this tab)

-- Patches [TAB]

---- SSE2 SSE3 kernel (nohpet)

---- Remove thermal kexts

----- Remove power management kexts

-- Drivers [TAB]

---- VGA = Titan + Intel (this worked for my VGA 100%. Only select the one(s) appropriate to you.

---- System = AppleSMBIOS.kext + S-ata

---- Network = Realtek 8139 (Again select the network drivers appropriate to you)

Let it install and press F11 on startup and select the appropriate drive you want to boot from.

More Notes:

- If the install doesn't finish properly (ie - just reboots about 3/4 of the way through) dont worry, try starting your system on the freshly install Leopard, it might work, mine has done.

- If after the welcome screen you are getting a Blue screen and just a mouse - Unplug your Graphics card from your motherboard and plug your screen into the built in screen slot - Then research your graphics cards needed kexts.

Post results and any questions below. Thanks.

Default settings in BIOS, but my DVD Drive is ATA and HDD is SATA, so maybe SATA ROM's dont work as boot Drives? Bios Version is the last one, 3.20, but it worked with all BIOS Versions. Jeah, 775i65G. Had never Problems to install on SATA HDD Tiger or Leo.

Default settings in BIOS, but my DVD Drive is ATA and HDD is SATA, so maybe SATA ROM's dont work as boot Drives? Bios Version is the last one, 3.20, but it worked with all BIOS Versions. Jeah, 775i65G. Had never Problems to install on SATA HDD Tiger or Leo.

Hmm. Perhaps i have a Different SATA drive to you? I have a Maxtor STM3250820AS. did you use a full drive on MBR or GRUB? or partition?

EFI v8 and MBR (2x10GB for 2 Leos and 1x40GB for Stuff), patched Kernel (Intel Pentium D 915 :P )

Ok. My mistake :) You CAN install onto a SATA drive. I am currently on one atm lol. I enabled SMART in the BIOS and did a FULL drive install. (dont know weather the SMART matters, but its working so im not going to change it :) Thanks for your help man.