processor showing up as 1.6ghz instead of 2.2ghz? did i get ripped off?

ottoman1384

3 posts in this topic

I installed leopard on a ga-p35-ds3l mobo. the bios said the processor was at 1.6ghz. once installed it said it was a 1.6ghz core 2 duo.

i'm supposed to have a e4500 which is a 2.2ghz core 2 duo. i bought this processor from someone from ebay... i know, i've learned my lesson...

anyway, i questioned him and he said to check the bios. i did and the multiplier was at 8x...

i didnt know what to do so i tried the max, which was 11x and it went to 2.2ghz.

does this mean that it is in fact a 2.2ghz e4500? or did i get ripped off?

in leopard it does say it has 2mb cache....

thanks in advance.

I believe that processor needs to be set to 11x which will give you 2.2ghz. I'd keep an eye on your temperatures but I believe that's the proper setting for that chip.

Never trust anything OSx86 tells you as fact. Until I made some corrections using mac.nub's AppleSMBIOS, my processor was reported as a single 4.0ghz chip when it's really a 2.4ghz quad core.

I believe that processor needs to be set to 11x which will give you 2.2ghz. I'd keep an eye on your temperatures but I believe that's the proper setting for that chip.

Never trust anything OSx86 tells you as fact. Until I made some corrections using mac.nub's AppleSMBIOS, my processor was reported as a single 4.0ghz chip when it's really a 2.4ghz quad core.

thanks. i did set it to 11x. now its reporting at 2.2ghz.

yea, osx86 was also saying it was 4ghz but i fixed that and is now reporting correctly.