Is there a way to remove appleacpiplatform.kext after installing.

iruleyou1

3 posts in this topic

First off let me start off by saying I am a pc guy trying to learn Mac. I am a network admin and would at least like to say I can use a MAC since I have been asked in the past. The first MAC I have ever used outside of 30 seconds in an Apple or bestbuy store is my hackintosh. I just learned this project last friday. I was able to successfully install everything and even found an old network card to get ethernet going. All and all i can say things have been going really well. I was even able to get World of warcraft running an an extremely decent 45 frames per second with great sound. I am so pleased at the results. I am trying to get VNC running and at home everything seems to be working find while remoting in from a windows computer with the vnc client. When I go to work and try remoting in with my work computer it will not connect at all and when I get home again I find my hackintosh locked up. I think my problem is with appleacpiplatform.kext cause I have an energy saving/speed stepping problem. My cpu is a Pentium D 3.4. When I installed iATKOS I didn't check the remove for the stock appleacpiplatform.kext. I believe this has to do something with sleep mode and such and is why my hackintosh is crashing after being idle when I get to work. Do I need to reinstall and check this option or can I remove it without a redo. Please help I am I tech but clueless with Mac.

Remove is easy, but remove will guaranteed make your computer not boot up. You have to replace it with som other if you want something out of this. But...

sleep is not just one components task. The kernel and all the extensions concerning hardware has code for initializing and restart and test for sleep, so you need to digg deeper if you want to find the culprit. But if you already did and are certain, well go ahead and try to replace AppleACPIplatform, it might do the trick...

Sorry i thought the option said remove I ment I choose the install stock appleacpiplatform.kext.

I want it to be the same as if I installed using iATKOS and did not select the stock appleacpiplatform.kext option. I choose this when installing one time and not another. The time I didn't choose it which was the first time everything worked great. Downloaded thoughout the night with no problems. I formated and started over 2 days ago becuase I wanted to take my 120gig drive and make a 30gig fat partition to transfer stuff with my vista OS. This time I tryed the stock appleacpiplatform.kext option. Is there a simple way to do this?