Finally got a disc to load! (requesting pictures)

Nubsy

9 posts in this topic

So I used ToH, and it boots up, however, I'm guessing its my graphics card, because everything is black and gray and white, and horribly grainy.

Now, I'm in the disk utility, however, I can't read the tabs to know where to click to reformat and then install. Oi... would anyone care to post a screen shot of the disk utility and where the instal option is?

I feel stupid asking, but... I can't read it. xD

Specs in sig if it matters, I'm on my Precision 530 right now, it's my main, the P4 has the ToH disc in right now...

Thanks everyone. :P

EDIT: Also, if anyone knows anything about the graphics problem, that'd be awesome. lol

When loading the disc originally, it said VESA 3.0, if it helps

MAJOR EDIT: Figured the partitioning, and it's installing now. Still having graphical... issues. lol...

Thank you. :rolleyes: However I actually figured it out. last night.

It was installing, but the installer froze at right about the end, because I didn't keep the mouse moving. @-@;

Still looking for ideas about the graphics part... it's VERY hard to read anything...

Searching, I found that I need to increase the video memory in BIOS to 8MB. However, I don't have this option in my BIOS. @_@

Also, the installer seems to gets stuck, with about 2 minutes remaining. The installer log says it cant find a file, something for the postinstall... any ideas?