Macsense Aerolite WUA-880 USB Adapter

reilley

2 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I was using the Aerolite USB adapter nicely on my HP dv9233cl running iAtkos 10.5.1, but after a 10.5.2 update fiasco (long story) and now running Kalyway 10.5.1 EFI with vanilla kernel, my USB dongle no longer works.

Specifically, I followed the directions for driver install, then when I attached the USB dongle the LED lights for a second then turns off. Mac OSX does not prompt me to accept a new network adapter (as it did with iAtkos 1.0) and I am unable to get a wireless connection.

Any ideas? I read a post from Macgirl that spoke of using a couple of kexts she recommended for similar problems, but I am reluctant to apply the kexts in fear of killing the install. I'm not even sure where the kexts should go, for that matter (Mac noob).

Help? Please? I really did use search and looked for answers, but I've been re-installing for a few days and am getting frustrated because I have almost everything working now except this darn USB dongle. I spent $50 for it, so I'd rather not go buy another when I'm pretty sure it's the Kalyway distro.

Thanks!!!!

EDIT - 03/16/08

System profiler recognized the adapter as such:

USB2.0 WLAN:

Removable Media: No

Detachable Drive: Yes

BSD Name: en1

Version: 48.10

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: ZyDAS

Mac OS 9 Drivers: No

Partition Map Type: Unknown

Product ID: 0x1215

Vendor ID: 0x0ace

The Aerolite application also recognizes the adapter when it is plugged in as well. I am just not getting prompted by Leopard to accept a new adapter. I tried addng the AppleUSBEthernet.kext that Macgirl posted elsewhere, but to no avail after rebooting. Anyone?

Here's an even simpler question - does anyone have a USB wireless ethernet adapter that works with Kalyway 10.5.1?

• 2 years later...