Installing Zephyroth 10.5.2 with AMD Sempron 2800

Reilly86

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

I am currently trying to install Zephyroth 10.5.2 on the following machine;

Mobo: Abit KV-8

CPU: AMD Sempron 2800+

RAM: 512Kb (getting upgraded next week BTW!)

GFX Card: ATI Radeon 9200

HD: SATA

DVD: IDE

The problem is that shortly after I boot the CD the system reboots (I believe this is a kernal panic). This repeats endlessly. Using the -v flag returns a 6 or 7 lines of text then a blinking cursor until reboot. Using the -f flag flashes up a message in red text when the system reboots but its so brief that I havent managed to read what it says. All I can work out is the first two words which are "EFI enhanced". The -s and -x flags do not affect this loop.

After doing some research I found that a lot of Sempron 2800 users were experiencing similar issues leading me to believe that the CPU is simply not supported but I have read one or two user accounts of success which has kept me searching for a solution. I have tried changing some BIOS options in line with some of the advice given to other users but still with no success. I burned the DVD at low speed so I am confident the writing process is not the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this problem? I expected this to be a difficult process but I wasn't expecting to hit such a brick wall so quickly!

Thanks in advance,

Reilly