FoxConn 946GZ7MA 10.5.2 Kalyway Up and running

Xirtu

2 posts in this topic

The topic pretty much says it all.First time I've ever done this, the longest 3 days in a while. Started over numerous times. I had this pc built as a spare and it was gathering dust so I dropped a new sata dvd burner drive in it after fighting a pata config forever, fought the bios for 24 hours but finally got it up with toh. Said f it and took the plunge doing the 10.5.2 update and then the kernels update and lo and behold it came up without having to stop it. I ran the Graphics update and fixed all permissions, now knock on wood she is stable and quick. I had all the parts laying around the house so net out of pocket < 100. I was looking at the Mac mini, I almost bought one a couple of times but other things kept stealing the funds so KALYWAY YOU ROCK!!! Thanks dude :D - Also there is no way I could have done it without all the extremely useful information posted in these forums. You guys rock 2.

Foxconn mb 946GZ7MA 8ks2h

P4 D2 3.4Ghz

2GB DDR2 667 dual channel

Sata Drive and DVDburn - this is a trick, primary ide is enabled, secondary not, select combined mode for sata and tell it pata is secondary.

Audio ICH7 although I'm only using 2 channel there is an excellent post on the alc 883.

Ati Radeon X1300 Pro 512mb ddr2 pci-e - I actually got all of it to come up with the onboard intel video but only 1024x768. I had this card so I put it in, . After I installed it I got darwin to load at 1600x1200x32 to my 22" flat screen, it looks awesome. I did have to make the change to the boot file so I don't manually have to enter the graphics mode anymore but relatively speaking it was a piece of cake.

The way I have it setup is as a second pc on a kvm with my primary xp system. I also have a couple of servers (win2k3) on my internal lan. The mac is connected to the kvm ps2 for key and mouse.

Internal Marvel ethernet doesn't work, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it, it was easier to throw a cheap realtek in and config that.

All servers, internet everything works, I'm typing this up on the mac. This is so cool. X

Now on to the reason for the party the IPhone :)

• 3 weeks later...