Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter with JaS Mac OS X86 10.4.8

CrazyVirus

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I have been searching the web around for this driver and still no hits on one that works and then i was hoping to get help from u guys\girls. So every one that have Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter with JaS Mac OS X86 10.4.8 Please say how u did it!!!!

Info:

Acer Aspire 5610z

1.7GHz

160GB HDD

Intel Pentium Dual-core

Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter

Dual-boot Windows Vista Ultimate - JaS Mac OS X86 10.4.8

if u need more info just contact me.

UPDATE !!!!

there is some tutorials to get this working but my card is dead... so i don't have wireless... :) good luck to you all ;D

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

My system is Acer Aspire 5315 -051G12MI(Intel Celeron M530 (1.73GHz)-120GB

Atheros AR5BXB63 Model number

Hard disk has 3 partitions Vista Ultimate – Leopard 10.5.4.(iATKOS 4i) –Ubuntu 8.10

Also I have another Hard disk (120GB)- contains Windows XP Pro /Vista Ultimate

From the Device manager in Vista Ultimate it displays

Atheros 5007EG Wireless Network Adapter (vendor 168C device)

On the other disk Windows XP displays Atheros 5006

I did the following :

1. 1) I installed the io80211family.kext (v.2.1.2) using Kext Helper b7 or OSx86 Tools

2. After a restart I noticed that under System Profiler/Airport Card/

3. Airport Extreme (0x168c,0x428) and

4. System Profiler/ Extensions

-AirPortAtheros v.3.1.5

-IO80211Family v.2.1.2

From System preferences/Network the Airport icon is yellow (but no networks detected)

Note that after Leopard 10.5.4.(iATKOS 4i) installation the io80211family.kext (v.2.1) found from

/system/library/extensions never loaded the driver to the System Profiler/ Extensions

2) I checked if networkinterface.plist under /library/preferences/systemconfiguration is en1

3) editing f to com.apple.boot.plist

from /Library /Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

as bellow

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key> Kernel Flags </key>

<string>f</string>

4) After the next restart you may receive kernel panic like I did booted as -v so l reboot again as root user

Note that I NEVER received a kernel panic again due to io80211family.kext

5) I started kismac went to preferences --> driver and add airport extreme passive mode --> Start scan

and after l see network detected, l close it. From System preferences/Network the Airport icon for the first time is green

YOU MUST NOTE :

-Iit is annoying is that l have to always start kismac.

- THE WIRELESS Lan LED (SATELLITE SYMBOL BUTTON ) IS ALWAYS INACTIVE DURING SURFING THE NET. Even

When I’m surfing with firefox form Ubuntu 8.10 again its always inactive.

-I NEVER installed anything else mentioned in many posts , NEVER GOT my Airport icon green

-l NEVER deleted mkext files or repaired io80211family.kext permissions or I NEVER chown – chmod

-SOMETIMES KISMAC FREEZES DURING SCANNING (NEVER COMPLETES SCANNING AND NEVER DETECTS ANY NETWORKS)

THE CAUSE MAYBE IS THE ATHEROS IS DISABLED ,PRESSING THE BUTTON DID NOT WORK.THE SOLUTION TO THIS WAS TO

RESTART BOOT IN VISTA ULTIMATE MAKE SURE THAT THE WIRELESS PICKS UP NETWORKS .THEN BOOT BACK TO LEOPARD

THEN KISMAC WILL 100% DETECT NETWORKS.

there is some tutorials to get this working but my card is dead... so i don't have wireless... :) good luck to you all ;D

there is some tutorials to get this working but my card is dead... so i don't have wireless... :D good luck to you all ;D

damn... you got every thing working out :P but we are in the same position now... my network card is also dead and im working to get the PCMCIA working again to use my BCM 4318 wireless-g adapter ;D but that is another story... I hope all of you figure out the way to fix this and more drivers with 10.5.6/10.5.5 iatkos dvd !!! but my card is dead so... good luck ;D :D