Vista + Leopard dual boot problem on a laptop

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I installed the OSX on a different partition on my laptop HD, and everything was going well.. until I wanted to boot Vista. I followed the "fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0" thing, and I think that was where everything went haywire. Now, I can't boot OSX or Vista. I can't find the option to boot OSX (I think it was set to inactive or something), and Vista doesn't load due to a 'missing file'. I've read several posts to solving this, but they all require having the Vista DVD, which I don't have. My laptop is an HP dv6000t, and it has the new(?) recovery system that doesn't utilize the Vista DVD, rather, I can recover my Vista from the HP RECOVERY partition of the HD, supposedly. But due to the missing file, I can't even boot from the HP RECOVERY partition. I tried to use my sister's Recovery Disc, but it said that it can't perform a recovery with that disc because it wasn't mine (the HP laptop's).

How can I get both the OSX and Vista to boot properly? (barring reformatting the entire drive.. because that would erase the HP RECOVERY partition, and I don't think that's a good idea, because I haven't made my own set of Recovery Discs yet)

Thanks so much!

Okay, so I downloaded the iso and tried to do the repair thing.. only the System Recovery Options doesn't see my Vista. I can't do anything then, because not one of my OS's (OS'es?) are listed. Can I still recover Vista? If yes, then how? thanks.