The weirdest thing just happened with my AMD hack!

shurabas

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First of all, I apologize for my Grammar.

I just had the weirdest unexplanable thing just now. I was running Zephyroth's Leopard 10.5.2 with amd hack system:

Specs:

MSI K9N Neo (MS-7260) with latest bios

AMD64 3000+

Toshiba IDE DVDRW

80gb IDE Seagate HDD

Nvidia 7500LE 128mb PCI-E

2 x 512mb Apacer ddr2 667

etc..

Here goes:

I managed to install Zephyroths release with no problems before. In fact, I reinstalled it 3 or 4 times before on my system.

After my last install, it worked fine for a week. Last night, I used my hackintosh to check my email. In summary, I turned it on, fired up Firefox, opened my email. Turned it off .. went to my bed and slept.

This morning, I turned on my system and saw EFI booting up ok .. then the white apple background and all of a sudden boot up stops with a small sign in the middle of the background (/) - the one they use from the no smoking sign, just remove the cigarette.

Now, I tried to boot in verbose mode and see whats happening.

Now I saw that it stops at:

"Still awaiting for root device"

Ok, Im thinking that this is caused by my Toshiba DVDRW - I kinda know because this happened to my Intel hack before. If there are other reasons why I experience this problem, It could be the hard disk .. not sure though

Hmm, I recalled what I did last night. I didn't remember, messing up with some kext files or something. I didn't do software update..

I'm to lazy to do some troubleshooting I just decided, heck, I'll just reformat my hard drive.

Here is the weirdest thing! - using the Bootable DVD from Zephyroth .. I experience the problem to!!! Still awaiting for root device!!!

Ok, just to be sure .. I Low Level formatted my IDE hdd and unfortunately, it does the same thing.

booted with -x -v -f cpus=1 -s .. it still stops there.

I checked my BIOS .. thinking I messed up the SATA device detection or something .. Im pretty much sure that I don't have AHCI or something like that in my BIOS.

I also tried disabling SATA ports from BIOS but has the same probelm.

Last week, I installed Zephyroth release using the "Default settings" of my motherboard bios without ANY problems.

Now, I can't even boot from the DVD with the same "Default BIOS settings"

I already reset CMOS .. still nogo.

Could anybody explain why I can boot from the DVD before but now I can't?

*Just to be clear, I did not add any devices**I did not mess up anything in the BIOS*

Could it be my motherboard???? I ran Ubuntu and its working fine. I even tried using a different hard drive just to be sure.

This is sooooo weird!!!

Please help!!!

Thank you.

Hi,

I managed to solve it but I'm still confused on why this happened.

I changed my Master IDE DVDRW to Slave .. then changed my IDE HDD Slave to master (I only have 1 IDE port)

Now, it boots from the Zephyroth DVD.

However, I never changed the Master/Slave settings of my IDE devices. This is the first time I've rearranged them.

When I installed/booted from the Zephyroth DVD last week, it was fine with the DVDRW as Master and HDD as Slave.

Anyone who has great knowledge can explain this thing?

Thank you.