Interesting error Ebios

bs953

3 posts in this topic

My system Intel D945GPM, Pentium D 3.0, 4 gigs Kingston ram, 1 sata HD (xp sp2), 1 ide hd, 1 sata DVD, 1 ide DVD using a usb to ide adapter, 1 ide zip, 1 floppy, EVGA video card pcix. No overclocking just straight up. I got the kalyway dvd burned fine, checked it on my ibook all good.

I load up the dvd (sata dvd) and boot to Darwin it does it's thing for awhile then returns the following error:

Ebios read Error 0xbb Block 8819480 Sectors 64

ok cool restart do the F8 cpu=1 -v now {censored} is happening all kinds of files load etc then it hangs (kinda like windows does in safe mode at agp.sys) after another five minutes it returns the same error as above.

I have set my bios (very limited) to sata as ide (actually thats default) and S3. I have both HD's set as ntfs and I want to install this on the second drive the ide one. As I have been surfing this forum there is mention of the date and time but no reason as to why? and also fat32 is mentioned. I couldn't find where that is relevant, further since this is a 'bios' error I am not convinced that it is an ntfs issue? Anyways I would love toget this turkey running and blow our resident nerds mind on monday with this get up. I really like the layout of this forum, and thanks in advance for any clues ideas or suggestions including but not limited to a bullet for my box or a flame thrower LOL

update I did go into my bios and changed some additional settings, at that point I used vanilla and got further but then it stalled again and gace up the same error code. So then I loaded up acronis and formatted my second hard drive (ide) as a fat 32 drive. gave this install another whirl and the same error came up except that this time it took longer to come up. So I am stumped still. I am rather suprised at the lack of response or is the answer somewhere in the forum and I have just missed it? I have spent hours literally in this forum and hit on the solution. Thanx

• 9 months later...