Try iATKOS again if it doesn't work on your PC

copperboy

1 post in this topic

Many people reported that iATKOS doesn't work on their PCs so they turned to Kalyway. Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD has more things than iATKOS, which could be removed by virginazer. I would like to ask those who didn't seccessed with iATKOS to try it again, and this time, it would be a success.

I repartitioned(2 partitions, MBR) my HDD yesterday, and found that if I install iATKOS v1.0r2 on a CLEAN hdd, the hdd will not bootable after reboot. I booted with the installer DVD, and checked the activated partition in fdisk. There was nothing wrong because the partition one was currently activated with a "*". I used the fdisk method to activate the Leopard partition again, but nothing helped. I still have a non-bootable hdd.

Then I booted with Kalyway 10.5.2 installer DVD, and it was a success(2 partitions, MBR). After the success, I booted it again with iATKOS v1.0r2, and ereased the Leopard partition (note: I DIDN'T repartition). After installation, the hdd booted fine with Leopard.

There might be some bugs in iATKOS to make a non-bootable DVD. Hope the uphuck team would see the post :)