Iatkos 10.5.1 and update to 10.5.2

carmine65

4 posts in this topic

Hallo folks,

this is Carmine from Italy with my first post and greeting all of you ;)

My question is this: I have Iatkos 1.0i Leopard 10.5.1 installed on a Asus p5w-dh and would like to load 10.5.2 update. Is it possible? Is this operation risky? Is there a procedure I can follow to get things done?

regards.

Carmine.

Hallo folks,

this is Carmine from Italy with my first post and greeting all of you :)

My question is this: I have Iatkos 1.0i Leopard 10.5.1 installed on a Asus p5w-dh and would like to load 10.5.2 update. Is it possible? Is this operation risky? Is there a procedure I can follow to get things done?

regards.

Carmine.

Nobody can help me?

ciao.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm not sure why no one is replying, but from what i've read here and there, a lot of people have seemed to update their iatkos 10.5.1 install to 10.5.2 with the kalyway update. i'm downloading it now and hope it works for me.

edit: yep, downloaded the update, it includes a .pkg file. it states clearly that it does not replace important kexts in the included readme file. i ran the package installer, rebooted the system at my call (i actually have to hold down the power button to shut down on my precision m4300) before getting to the desktop it rebooted itself, then it booted and hung at a black screen before the desktop, then i powered it down and rebooted again and it got all the way to the desktop. bluetooth seems to be working now (only noticeable difference so far). my system works the same as it did before as far as i can tell, but i'm sure some things are improved (like my bluetooth working - it really just has a menu now, where before it said unavailable. haven't fully tested it).

oh, almost forgot to mention my system's pre-kalyway-update state:

iatkos 1.0i (10.5.1) - stockACPI kernel with EFI (i'm still kinda new to all this)

i went with iatkos 1.0i because it was the only DVD that booted and completed the install for me (i didn't try any boot variables on the other discs)