Hi here is a noob crying for ur help..Help plz....

Macbandhu

3 posts in this topic

Hi Frnds

First Of All I thnk You for ur efforts in the forum...

My hardware is Pentium 4 HT 3.Ghz,MoBo- Intel 915GAV, 3 X 512 Mb of DDR RAM.I use a separate blank WD 80GB(SATA) hard disk(on which i m trying to install leo as single OS , No windows or Vista)

I have seen in the forums that people having my MoBo and processor r running Leo without any prob.But i have been trying to install it for the last 7 days and always fails to get into it after the installation is succeded. Now i will tell u step by step wht i do..Please point out wht mistake i am making .

1. Boot from DVD (it boots without any prob the apple logo screen appears then welcome screen comes)

2. Choose Disk Utility and erase all the data with partition table as Mac extended Journaled. (Here i find that it gives my drive with GUID always(There is no such option to get it into specifically GUID or MBR , It just converts into GUID, I can see it in the box on right side in disk description section) ,i cannot get MBR partition map, HOW TO DO THIS FROM DISK UTILITY?)

3. Quit Disk Utility then i continue.Select the Drive .

4. Then i use custom install.Choose the vanilla kernel, ACPI fix both as prescribed, choose one sound driver(azaila as i have realtek high def), Then There is some GUID or MBR option for booting, I choose MBR while my first installation and GUID in the second time.

(I) When choose MBR , After the installation is succeded it shows 4 lines of text and reboots(Though i checked my BIOS settings XD technology was enabled there)

(II) When choose GUID, After the installation completed successfully,and reboot it says b0 error and computer stops responding even to cold boot(alt+ctrl+del)

This is the whole story , I have installed it about 30 times but i didnot succeed.

Please help me i am dying to see leo on my Sys..Plz Help....

To choose MBR, choose your DISK, NOT your partition, and choose option 'Partition' on the right hand side. Then partition is as you wish, and before you click Partition on the bottom, choose 'Options'. Here choose MBR. Close it, click Partition and you're done.P.S.: You can't use Vanilla kernel as you have a P4 - not supported as it only supports SSE2. SSE3 is minimum for Vanilla.

To choose MBR, choose your DISK, NOT your partition, and choose option 'Partition' on the right hand side. Then partition is as you wish, and before you click Partition on the bottom, choose 'Options'. Here choose MBR. Close it, click Partition and you're done.P.S.: You can't use Vanilla kernel as you have a P4 - not supported as it only supports SSE2. SSE3 is minimum for Vanilla.

Actually i checked my processor with CPUZ it says Something like MMX,SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T..U can check it in the picture after enlarging it will be visible clearlyand tell me abt my assumption is correct or wrong..

Tell me whether this will support vanilla or not, If not which kernel shud i use.

Anyways i will try the disk selection properly this time......

And very very thnx for ur replies.

Ur support will encourage me...

post-196157-1204929827_thumb.jpg