Zephyroth's Leopard 10.5.2 boots only with -f

OSXlovah

4 posts in this topic

hi,

after i've succeeded installing last week zephyroth's leopard 10.5.2 on my PC, now i have the following situation: i can only boot leopard from my HDD if i use F8 + "-v" option.

what is wrong here? why can't i boot without that option?

the thing is that i've installed leopard without checking in Customize the chipset drivers - so i only managed to get it working after i've copied the SB600 kext files into the Extensions folder via MacDrive (while running under XP). then, after i've copied those drivers (deleted the Extensions.mkext file), first time i booted up with -f, and it worked fine. but since then, i can only boot up leopard with the "-f" option. what can i do now? are those copied kext files not "compiled" into the leopard configuration?

any suggestions are welcomed.

thanx alot in advance!

what i did is to install those 2 kext files for the SB600 via kexthelper.

it seems that it went well! it all seems to move much faster.

check out my Xbench results:

Picture2.png

should be OK, right?

OK, guys, it's final and it's working!

i've installed those 2 kexts from blubbbla's zip for the SB600 southbridge (with kexthelper) and now my Leopard boots up without the -f option.

also, the PC seems to move much faster, i could say it moves like when i boot to XP.

so here is the post from bubbbla (thanx alot, m8) where you can get everything.

• 3 weeks later...
OK, guys, it's final and it's working!
One question, you've installed Zephyroth rev1 or rev2 on the board with the SB600 southbridge? But how... Zephyroth doesn't include support to this chipset.Can you tell me details about installation pregress, please? I mean errors during booting, selecting discs? Thanks.

EDIT: OSXlovah> Sorry, i have already found topic where you described your problems.Here is it: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=91060