OK, first off here are my PC specs.

Motherboard: Asus P5W Deluxe

CPU: Intel Code 2 Duo 2.2ghz

RAM: 2x2GB (4GB total)

Video Card: MSI 8800GT 512MB PCI-e

Hard Drive: Samsung 250GB SATA

Optical Drive: Shutte DVD-RW DL IDE

Sound: On Board/ Realtek ALC882M

LAN: On Board/ Marvell 88E8053 (wifi on board not used, using cat-5)

Ok, I am able to complete the install, but upon first boot up, I get a Kernel panic. From my research I think all the hardware should be compatible.

I built it off the instructions in this lifehacker article, and I have the bios setting mathing the recommendations in the article.

I have tried unhooking my IDE DVD drive after install, no effect. I also pulled out 1 sitck of RAM to bring my RAM down to 2gb.

OK, first off here are my PC specs.

Motherboard: Asus P5W Deluxe

CPU: Intel Code 2 Duo 2.2ghz

RAM: 2x2GB (4GB total)

Video Card: MSI 8800GT 512MB PCI-e

Hard Drive: Samsung 250GB SATA

Optical Drive: Shutte DVD-RW DL IDE

Sound: On Board/ Realtek ALC882M

LAN: On Board/ Marvell 88E8053 (wifi on board not used, using cat-5)

Ok, I am able to complete the install, but upon first boot up, I get a Kernel panic. From my research I think all the hardware should be compatible.

I built it off the instructions in this lifehacker article, and I have the bios setting mathing the recommendations in the article.

I have tried unhooking my IDE DVD drive after install, no effect. I also pulled out 1 sitck of RAM to bring my RAM down to 2gb.

when you boot up are you just powering up and the panic starts if so on boot up do f8 then -x for safe boot then enter see if that works first if not do f8 then -s then enter and let it boot