Installing apps on OSX 10.4

st1v

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I just managed to install OSX and dual-booting it with Windows XP on my pc, using chain0. Everything works great, even the internet and the sound, but I can't install anything. I tried with the apps on the Apple site, in the Download section... nothing works, neither iTunes.

I download the .dmg, I mount it, I copy the file inside in Applications, but when I try to launch it, nothing happens...

The version is the old 10.4.1 (I installed it with the tiger-x86-flat.img), and I can't find anywhere how to update it.

By the way, I don't think it doesn't install anything because of the version, since when I tried installing Windows Messenger 6.0.3 (which is compatible with 10.3.9) nothing happens.

Please help me, or tell me how I can update this version! Thx

MSI P4M900M

P4 3.0Ghz with SSE2 & SSE3

2GB RAM

Video integrated

The version is the old 10.4.1 (I installed it with the tiger-x86-flat.img), and I can't find anywhere how to update it.

yeah, that's the old "deadmoo" image. You can install 3rd party apps but they won't run. I thought I was going insane, then after much searching I found an old post where someone mentioned the same thing. I gave up trying to update it, too.

You're better off trying to install from one of the installation DVDs. The one that finally worked for me was

Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2]

I had to put the hard drive as slave and the dvd drive as master on the same IDE channel; it was the opposite of what most folks were saying to do.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

Microstar MSI K8N-Neo4-f

nForce 4 ultra chipset

Radeon x1300 / x1550

Realtek AC97 audio -- ALC850