Running EFi + Vanilla Kernel. Is It Genuine?

Clowree

1 post in this topic

Rather simple question. I apologize in advanced if this has already been answered. I currently have a Toshiba A200 running with the GMA945 Express chipset (950 Graphics) And Used Both EFI v8 and Vanilla kernel, both working just great. The thing is, with many users saying I should check GeekBench if I have a "genuine" Mac, I'm A little confused. Before patching, GeekBench stated that I had "Hackintosh" as expected. After usage of both the kernel and EFI, its now stated my computer as, well, as it is An "A200". Not a MAC as I would have expected. Also, it still states its an ACPI unit. Wondering if the 10.5.1 upgrade or any subsequent update will work, as I've tried Kalyway's 10.5.1 Installer and extracted the 10.5.1.pkg and used that but in the end it wouldn't boot or rather wouldn't give me the option of a login screen. Supposedly, there's some issues with that DVD, am I wrong? I've done this at least 8 times, installing and reinstalling, wondering if I've done something wrong, or is it just that the package is corrupt? Here's My System specs as stated my System Profiler after Vanilla & EFI :

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: Satellite A200

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 1.5 GB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display Connector:

I used JaS 10.4.8 install DVD With the Intel Kext And GMA950.kext Option then I Upgraded with ToH 10.5 Release. Went from there.

If there's any other information that would be more helpful or specific, I'll gladly post it.