InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Georgiles

Initialization error [-70012] appears when DVD Player is Launched.

I use Leopard with an external USB DVD player.

Apple DVD Player does not support External DVD drives, only internal.

Gives this error:

There was an initialization error

A valid DVD drive could not be found. [-70012]

How can I solve this problem? Anybody?

Leads:

Some people reported fixing this with a patch named useroppatch1.9.dmg. I could not find this patch anywhere.

This patch in order to work required a special framework. This was reported working with Tiger not Leopard.

Here is a guy talking with himself.

Advertisement

The reason is that due to licensing issues, DVD Player/Front Row will never play DVD's from external drives. I would think that this limitation could easily be patched in the various OSX86 distributions, but perhaps not many people are aware? It is proving to be a serious setback for my Hackint0sh setup (which is a small box with only an external DVD drive).

VLC, Handbrake and OSXBMC are not affected by the way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• @fusion71au hi. i have a question. what is screenshot? this files 2nd stage? now El Capitan files is same like file vault 2 of high sierra. can you give me more information for fusion drive?
    • Unfortunately here's all what i get (when connection error doesn't apply) 
    • Hello,   My laptop (specs in signature) runs El Capitan and it works okay, but as the title says, the computer reboots when trying to wake up from sleep. I can't seem to find why it does this, as power management is presumably working properly. I'm attaching PR files. https://www.dropbox.com/s/um4iglj2nqy81c0/debug.zip?dl=0
    • Hi I m trying to install High Sierra 10.13.4 in my dell Inspiron N5110 using MBR patch .Please help me with post installation procedures for patching audio graphics etc    specs                                                                     Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz ,                                                                               Display Adapters    NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M  Intel(R) HD 3000 Graphics           IDT  92HD87B1 audio driver  Dell Wireless 1702 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0+HS Driver           USB Controllers  Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26 Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D Bluetooth Hard Copy Cable Replacement Server Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller                                                                                                                       
    • Hi there, You can either use Lilu.kext and nVidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext or you can add the following patch to your config.plist under Kernel and Kext Patches: The kexts must be placed under the following path: /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other    Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy Find: BA050000 00 Replace: BA000000 00   You can use clover configurator to mount the EFI partition on the drive that you have clover bootloader installed.