[HELP] Fujitsu LifeBook 4220

Layne Staley

3 posts in this topic

Trying to install Leopard on a Fujitsu Lifebook 4220

Using the latest iatkos, I can get it to boot fine, yet the screen in messed up. See image:

post-193531-1204561794_thumb.jpg

I tried using "GraphicsMode"="640x480x32" and -x (safe boot) during the boot process and the same issue you see in the attached image happened. The black, vertical line in the middle of the white/gray on the screen is the mouse.

Using the latest Kalyway, it freezes on boot. Spinning circle at the bottom stops and there is limited, sporadic HD accesses. When I reboot using -x as a startup flag, it boots to desktop in safe boot. Of course I can't do anything with it at that point, yet it is the Leopard desktop on a Fujitsu Lifebook 4220.

post-193531-1204572100_thumb.jpg

So basically I know Leopard installs and works on this machine, I just need some help tweaking and troubleshooting.

Any input and/or assistance is greatly appreciated.

I should mention that the 4220 is formatted as MBR and using Kalaway, in the install options, I chose:

Vanilla (all)

Boot EFI MBR

And thats it - no other drivers or settings.

With these settings I can get to Leopard desktop using safe mode.

IATKOS I chose any variety of settings and drivers, yet none seemed to matter. Most times I could boot, hear the welcome music and see the screen as above - white with a black line that was the mouse cursor on 2/3 of the screen.