Problem Installing on HP DV9700

craigolio

3 posts in this topic

I am about to pull my hair out.

I have built multiple 'hackintosh' machines for fun. But I was working on a friend's laptop - a brand new HP DV9700 that has an Intel T7500 processor, 3gb of ram, 250gb hd, and a Geforce 8400.

I have tried the ToH RC2 10.5 Installation DVD, the iAtkos 1.0iR2 DVD, and the Kalyway 10.5.1 install DVD - but all three DVD's start up fine, allow me to select the hard drive for the install, allow me to 'customize' the install, and start the install. But each and EVERY time (regardless of customizations), the install stops and gives a huge error page that says "The Installer could not validate the contents of the 'Essentials' Package."

I read elsewhere on the forum that this could be related to the computer's memory. It has a 2gb memory chip as well as a 1 gb memory chip. The computer must have some memory in it to boot. I have tried with the 1gb chip, and with the 2gb chip. I also tried using a 512mb chip from my Dell, and a few other chips I had laying around - all result in the same problem.

So I installed Leopard onto an external USB drive, and tried to boot that drive using the HP. It did boot, but it gives a kernel panic each time, stating somethinng about a kernel trap 14. Besides that, I am not sure what good it would do to get Leo working frmo a USB drive.

I have exhausted my arsenel of tools, and now I beg for wisdom from the community. I am going to feel so sad for my friend if I cannot get this to work for her - she is so excited at the prospect of having a 'hackintosh'.

Please help if you can!

Craigolio

• 1 year later...

Try installing iPC OS X 10.5.6. My notebook's model is dv9750ej, most devices are working "out of the box". Even multimedia buttons and HP remote. The system won't shutdown automatically, but for me it's just a minor issue.

• 2 years later...

lets ignite this...

try [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]...