Darwin Bootloader

bash721

5 posts in this topic

I am having an interesting problem with a box I just set up. I used the ToH leopard installer, partitioned my 750 GB SATA drive in two, one small one that houses the os and another for media. Everything got installed fine but when I restart, the only way I can actually boot into the system is to boot to the DVD and at that point the Darwin boot loader comes up but it loads the OS installed on the hard drive instead of loading the installer on the DVD. If the disc is not in the drive the system will not boot. Is there anyway I can modify things, maybe even install GRUB to manage booting into the OS without using the disc.

I am having an interesting problem with a box I just set up. I used the ToH leopard installer, partitioned my 750 GB SATA drive in two, one small one that houses the os and another for media. Everything got installed fine but when I restart, the only way I can actually boot into the system is to boot to the DVD and at that point the Darwin boot loader comes up but it loads the OS installed on the hard drive instead of loading the installer on the DVD. If the disc is not in the drive the system will not boot. Is there anyway I can modify things, maybe even install GRUB to manage booting into the OS without using the disc.

if you installed on a mbr disk you probably need to add boot flag.

• 1 year later...
This is the same problem I am having. I cannot boot to osx unless the partition is set to active and the disc is in the dvd drive. How would I go about setting a boot flag on the leopard partition?

I have the same problem. How do we resolve this?

I have amd Turion X2 and ATI HD3200. installed using LEO4ALLV1.

Dual boot works fine. can load vista as well as OSX ( OSX loads only when DVD is present in the drive. else I get White screen , no matter which flags I try -x -f -v s )