[HELP] Leopard AMD 10.5.1

virtex

5 posts in this topic

I have the following laptop:

Asus A7K-A1

180GB HD

ATI HD2600 256GB RAM

2GB RAM

I don't know what motherboard is in it, anyways when I boot up the install disk as far as I know everything works correctly. I get to the choose language option hit the arrow. Click accept on copyright garbage and then click utilities at top of screen and goto the disk formating utility, but all that shows up is my DVD Multi Drive. My internal SATA drive doesn't show and my external drive doesn't show up. My USB mouse works just fine though.

Any help would be awesome thanks.

Alright update:

Got it installed, instead of just pressing any key, I hit F8 and then typed "-v -x" I don't know what either of those switches did. But what ever it worked, I could then see my externals drives. Still no internal drive :wacko: but I don't really care right now, because I'm typing this post under OSX.

Couple quick notes that I need help on, ATI graphics drivers and how to install them so I get my high resolution and speed graphics back. Second for some reason, keyboard and touchpad did work during installation, but now I need a mouse and a usb keyboard :D .... any fix for that? Oh and to note on top of that this is my first boot and I put in "-v -x" to boot with, going to try not putting anything in next time to see if I get keyboard and touch pad back. Last my sound doesn't work and if I want to use garage band I kind of need that, so if anyone know how I may get that up and running let me know, thanks.

Contrary to belief, I don't know if I had been reading old posts or what, but my laptop screen works just fine. No external monitor needed.

Alright new update, going to have to reinstall :(

Downloaded Kalyway's 10.5.2 Combo Update, ran it rebooted and now nothing. Gets to the point it is about to boot into the gui and then lets me know it is rebooting again.

Any idea's, I was thinking it doesn't work cause my original install is Zephyroth's and then the update is Kalyway's, but I don't just looking for some feedback.

If I could get improved graphics and sound in 10.5.1 I wouldn't bother, but I have looked all around and can't find any other downloads to fix these problems.

Was pointed in the direction of #radeonhd or #hdradeon forget spelling now that I'm not on it, but doesn't seem like there is anyone there ever and if they are no one talks.