Kernel Panic

orionshunter

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install Tiger using JaS 10.4.8. I'm getting a kernel panic. I read somewhere to delete appleintelCPUpowermanagement.kext. How do I do this from the DVD? I do NOT have OSx86 installed. Also, where is it located on the DVD? I still have the .iso. I have opened it in UltraISO and switched the view so I can view the files. Again, how do I delete the .kext and do I need to recompress afterwards?

Thanks in advance,

Orionshunter

You delete it afterwards!

Once you have done your installation, reboot, but again with the DVD go to the terminal, instead of diskutils, then do a:

mv -R /Volumes/XXXX/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext /AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.old

(where XXXX is the name of your harddrive, mine is MacOSX) there is a SPACE between the kext files and it will be moved to the root

SticMAN

You delete it afterwards!

Once you have done your installation, reboot, but again with the DVD go to the terminal, instead of diskutils, then do a:

mv -R /Volumes/XXXX/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext /AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.old

(where XXXX is the name of your harddrive, mine is MacOSX) there is a SPACE between the kext files and it will be moved to the root

SticMAN

I can't install Tiger. Does anyone know why I am getting the kernel panic? I can't install Tiger because the installation never really begins.