OK, first off here are my PC specs.

Motherboard: Asus P5W Deluxe

CPU: Intel Code 2 Duo 2.2ghz

RAM: 2x2GB (4GB total)

Video Card: MSI 8800GT 512MB PCI-e

Hard Drive: Samsung 250GB SATA

Optical Drive: Shutte DVD-RW DL IDE

Sound: On Board/ Realtek ALC882M

LAN: On Board/ Marvell 88E8053 (wifi on board not used, using cat-5)

The reason for me building this machine with the specific hardware above was becasue of this Lifehacker article. The only main difference in my system is I upgraded the video card from the 7300GT to the 8800GT. 2 other subtle differences is I have 4GB of ram instead of 2GB, and my DVD drive is IDE instead of SATA. I want to dual boot the machine with OS X and Vista or XP so I can use it for a gamming machine.

I have set the BIOS to the setting that the article of the Lifehacker artcile instsructed. You can view screen shots of them here.

The problems I am having are as follow. I was running into trouble with the install process. I was getting all the way to the graphica install system and all the way to the point of it copying files. After several attempts, it would seem to hang with about 2 minutes remaining, then it would reboot. On reboot it will only boot to OS X with the install DVD in the drive. (I have read about those issue and I will tackle them later if I can get to that point). Durring boot up, about 60-90 seconds in, I get a black screen with a message in 4 languages telling me I need to reboot. (the equivelent of a windows blus screen of death)

So I rerun the installation OVER the previous one several time and I finally get to the point where the installation completes and I get a installation sucessful message. I reboot and at this point I still need te DVD in the drive to boot, but I am still getting the screen that says I need to reboot my computer.

I have done and redone this many times and I just don't know what to do anymore. Is it becuase of my video card? Or pehaps my IDE DVD drive?

Here are some screenshots of where it stops during the boot process. It seems to be happening at different spots.

kalyway-1.jpg

kalyway-2.jpg