EBIOS and Unable to find driver for this platform

Thisisjon

3 posts in this topic

I have been bumming around this forum for a few weeks and decided to try to put Leopard on my Dell Dimension 3000.

I burned a copy of iATOKSir2 at 2x in order to make sure I didnt mess up the dvd. When I load the dvd, the computer says something about an EBIOS error, and then it continues to try to install os x, but then an error message comes up saying "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACIP\" and then a bunch of other things.

Then it asks me to shut down the computer.

I have been looking on this forum for answers and have yet to find any. Im pretty sure all the hardware is compatable with os x. Its all the standard hardware in a dimension 3000, except I added a nvidea geforce 5500 graphics card, but Im pretty sure thats compatable too.

Any suggestions on how to fix my problems?

I managed to get over the EBIOS error by reburning the image onto DVD at slowest speeed as possible because osx86 installer is very sensitive, i suggest you to try that.

Second, i think it's not "ACIP" it is ACPI and if installer says it cannot find the driver for acpi then you should disable ACPI setting from BIOS in order to install x86. If already disable then try enabling, i'm not sure.