not sure how to proceed

bald_gye

5 posts in this topic

Hey, Ive been trying to get OSx86 installed, and ive done various things with it to try and get it to boot, disabled my usb ports in the BIOS, tryed the commands (in the boot menu);

-v

-v-x

-v-f

-s

non of which work, I did at one point get a blue screen with some white lines and a colored wheel, and having left that screen for about 30-40mins with it seemingly doing nothing, i rebooted and haven't managed to get that far again...

but here are some images of my screen where it seems to just stop...

dsc00993gp9.jpg

dsc00991ud8.jpg

Although iATKOS is seen by some as the "Holy Grail" of OSx86, it only has a 1 in 3 success rate of actually booting....

i reccommend you try Kalyway, the 10.5.1 release, for intel.

Think Mark

Oh and :P:D:happymac:

EDIT: Before i forget, if this is your "First Time...." you should try something easy, like JaS 10.4.8. You could you a system changer to make it 10.4.11 if you don't have C2D/Q. Don't know if you would be able to get updates from Apple though..

Although iATKOS is seen by some as the "Holy Grail" of OSx86, it only has a 1 in 3 success rate of actually booting....

i reccommend you try Kalyway, the 10.5.1 release, for intel.

Think Mark

Oh and :P:D:happymac:

EDIT: Before i forget, if this is your "First Time...." you should try something easy, like JaS 10.4.8. You could you a system changer to make it 10.4.11 if you don't have C2D/Q. Don't know if you would be able to get updates from Apple though..

thanks 4 replying so quickly and i'll give that a go....if i can find it....the only reason im using iATKOSis becasue its the only one i could get a copy off as torrents are a waist of time it seems...

Had the same issue. Running Kalyway now and it works amazing as the guy above said. You'll find it on the bay... (looks like you have a corrupt disc there as it doesn't state any kexts for which it went boom).

i am trying to find a copy of Kalyway... but its so hard! ...why have people stopped seeding these torrents :'(