CLOSED

A4d669

5 posts in this topic

The first thing you MUST learn is to put you Notebook's specs in you signature THEN maybe someone with the same equipment or that knows it, can help you!

Don't blame others for not wanting to help you if you don't at least provide them the BASIC information!

SticMAN

I see your processor only supports SSE2 and I have two of them!

I downloaded from our "shipping uncle" the 10.4.11 with all the "X's" in it, i think it was 5-2!

(sorry for talking code as the rules apply here!)

This was the best by far it has the most up to date installation with everything you need. Just be careful when you choose stuff during the install that you dont my SSE2 and SSE3 or Vanilla installations!

You WILL have to make plan with the PS2 stuff Aplle doesn't like it mauch and although there is a patch for it, THAT is just it a PATCH! it doesn't always work well. Surely a USB KBD is not that expensive?

SticMAN

NO i don't, If you go into your BIOS and disable ALL the extras for the installation it should also be better!

When I started with all this MAC stuff, I ONLY used "Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3" it was the only one that would do a full install until the XXX 10.4.11 version came out!

Maybe that is something to look at? I still keep the disk in the cupboard, it like a friend to me! :P

SticMAN

I tried the image you mentioned but I never get it to boot. I think the main problems come from the PS/2 Keyboard and Trackpad. I also have to type in 'cpus=1' because of hyperthreading. I'd like to use 10.4.10 or below.

Do you type in 'cpus=1'?

Welcome to the CLUB, my longest is 3days 17hours, nonstop! the wife was in the USA and the Blinds were drawn!

It was when 10.5 was released!

SticMAN

Well, the Alienware BIOS doesn't have that much options. The only usefull thing is disabling the Trackpad.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully someone had a similar problem before and can help me. I need to get some sleep. I've worked on this non stop all these days with no results.