ASUS M2N-X

killbot1000

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an ASUS M2N-X and I was wondering if anybody has gotten it to work. it is an AMD board, using the nforce 5 chipset.

I tried using Zephyroths 10.5.2 dvd but I got an error "Some files could not be copied to 'Macintosh HD'". The SATA also doesn't work in the OSX installation. I was wondering if anybody has had any success with this board, and if so, what method did they use to get this board to work. I have been dealing with windows for a long time, and yesterday I finally reached the point where I said to myself "I'm done..." but at the same time I cant justify the cost of a Mac (I can afford it, but I cant Justify it).

So if anybody can help me out, I would be very very thankful ^_^.

• 10 months later...

Hello!

Try Leo4all v4.1.1! This is works fine on my Asus M2N-X Nforce 520 - MCP65 chipset motherboard! I use IDE hard drive (set to primary master) and IDE dvd (set to primary slave), because SATA is not working with Leo4all 4.1.1 on my system.

With this motherboard, you need to DISABLE USB LEGACY SUPPORT on the Bios, after that, the USB ports works.

Onboard Lan is working with this Nforce Lan driver:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...aded&start=

0.62.8n nForceLAN_0.62.8.kext.zip ( 40.7K )

Onboard Audio is working with AC97 Audio driver (you need to select this driver in during the Leo4all 4.1.1 install)

I have Ati Radeon 2600XT - it works fine, I select the Ati Radeon 2600XT driver during the Leo4all 4.1.1 install)