No sound card detected on 10.4.9 (uphuck 1.4i)

Whoopysnorp

4 posts in this topic

While I still haven't been successful in booting OSX86 on my laptop yet, it booted on the first try on my desktop. I'm booting from a USB drive containing the uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i install on the following config:

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3

Core 2 Duo E4300 (1.8 Ghz)

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7300GT

Sound Blaster Live

M-Audio Audiophile 2496

My networking didn't work on the first try but I was able to get it to work beautifully by editing a kext. The main things I don't have working yet are sound and SATA. Apparently there are no existing drivers for the Sound Blaster Live on OSX, but that's OK, because I should be able to use the Audiophile, for which there are OSX drivers on the manufacturer's site. However, when I install the driver (well, more specifically, when I try to run the control panel packaged with the driver), I get an error saying that the card is not detected in the system. System Profiler says I do not have any PCI cards installed. Does anybody know what I need to do to get that working?

I would also like to be able to read from the SATA drives I have on this system if possible. Has anybody had any success getting the SATA working on a board of this type?

• 4 weeks later...

i installed uphuck 1.3 flawlessly and my sigmatel sound card was not detected. Everything else seems to work fine. Any ideas? i know there is a thread on sigmatel drivers but i my card is not even detected.

any help appreciated

thanks