Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Update (Blank Screen After Update)

yamcha

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I tried to update my Kalyway 10.5.1 with that Combo Patch I found online (10.5.2 Combo Update), I ran everything it installed it, but then after restart the screen went to mac logo and then after loading everythings blank and the monitor light was blinking.. Why doesn't it work!? From what I've read there is no need to do anything additional other then back up files before installation.. Anyway your help is appreciated!! I so far haven't found a solution to this problem even with searching so I decided to ask :).

What am I doing wrong, or does it only work with some systems?? Anyway my specs are on signature..

Please Help me!

it will do this depending on the grafics card you have. it takes like 5 mins before it comes back. jsut walk away and come back and it should be fine. happened to me too

Thanks ! I got it working, no huge difference though, mainly dock has some new options :]

i did the update, then reinstalled after the black screen thinking i had messed up the install....i also reinstalled my special x3100 graphic drivers....does it update them or do i not need to worry about my gfx card?

is this just the first time that you have to wait, or everytime you boot from now on it takes 5-6 minutes to boot?

also, do you know what is in the graphics update?

lastly, is their better support for shutdown and sleep within the new kernal or should i stick to 9.1?

thanks