"dd" Leopard with SSE2?

Cody B

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have an SSE2 capable machine. I have two hard drives, one for Windows and one for Mac OS X. Both of them are IDE Drives.

Not too long ago I had installed Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.1 by dding it, and it went great! The only reason I needed to dd it was because no DVDs were booting properly-and yes, I did use 1x speed and used 6 different DVDs.

I am currently downloading the Leopard flat x86 image. I am going to put this on my second HDD, and hopefully have it work. The only thing I have a question, which I can't seem to find an answer for, is:

Does this work with SSE2?

The reason I am needing to dd the Leopard image is because all of my Leopard DVDs (4) won't boot properly. All of them just send me back to the main boot options screen. The only one that seemed to work was the Kalyway disk, but it just restarted my computer after it loaded a ton of .kexts (about 4 minutes to boot).

If you know if this will work, or you have a solution for the kalyway (I am able to delete/add kexts to the DVD if needed via MacDrive), I would be very happy!

• 9 months later...

sorry to bump up an old thread.

i have the same problem, i can not install from dvd, always waiting for root device, i did also manage to dd the 10.4.1 flat image. My chip is also sse2, so i have the same question, does the leopard flat image work with sse2?