Triple-booting laptop with 10.5.1 BUT what next?

Schmacintosh

1 post in this topic

Thanks to kalyway and many others here I now have an Acer 7720g with Vista, XP and Leopard triple booting through EasyBCD 1.7.1

I used Kalyway with MBR (GUID didn't work) and no Vanilla (caused a reboot loop) and no patches selected

Generally working quite nicely - obviously no sound or network for the moment - and graphics are quite smooth although the 256Mb 8400m GS is just recognised as nvidia 32mb. Shutdown is working properly

Now for the QUESTIONS:

I know I need to add some kexts for graphics and sound and I'm assuming I should run some updates, BUT which ones? :-)

Questions 1 and 2 are most important

1) These are the updates I'm aware of -

kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate

kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg....

Do I need both of these?

2) For graphics I've found-

10.5.2_NVkexts+.pkg

NVInstallerV.33.pkg

OpenGL.framework-1052.zip

geforce_1052_kext.zip

And then there's Apple's graphics update, not included in 10.5.2.

Which of these should I install?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) For sound there's

ALC268_Installer1.zip and

ALC268_Installer2.zip

Not sure here? Need to find out how to uninstall/delete kexts

4) For wireless I thought it'd be best just add a USB adapter like the Edimax EW-7318Ug. People have mentioned a Zydas chipset, but I'm assuming almost any one with OS X drivers is going to work. Is that correct?

I guess I could try and find a replacement for the 3945 card, like Atheros AR5BXB6 or 5008, but I'd need one that works with Vista and XP as well

5) LAN is Broadcom BCM5787M so no go there - perhaps buy D-Link DUB-E100 USB

Just found out APPLE Usb Ethernet Adapter can be had for £18 - that should work :-)

Thanks for any help you can give for any of the above - it took me a long time to get this far

Cheers

Marco