ASUS K8V-VM, driver issues

ZpX^

4 posts in this topic

Hey there. Ive been using this awesome forum to finally succesfully install JaS 10.4.8 on my ASUS K8V-VM-based AMD-server.

These are the specs:

ASUS K8V-VM

Athlon 64 3200+

2GB DDR400 RAM

Via Chrome9 onboard graphics

Via onboard sound

Both an ATA and a SATA drive.

I used earlier forum threads to get SATA working, and I also got ethernet going using the ViaRhine.kext, which came on the install-disk.

I'm happy to report that it's currently transcoding HD-video using VisualHub, in corner of my room, and has been doing so for the past 24 hours :D

But I'm getting bloodthirsty, so I want to get some of the other stuff working as well. Especially the graphics would be nice. Do any of you know what kind of drivers can help me here? Also, is there some sort of temperature-monitor for this chipset? I've tried all the common ones, but they don't seem to be working. If anything works, it's come out within the past 5 months. Everything else I've tried already :(

P.S. How do I do an easy upgrade to Leopard?

Thx in 4dvanc3 m8s :jerry:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I've got the same board as you - SATA, Audio, IDE all working beautifully. That Chrome9 IGP is a right pain though.

On 10.4.6 I got it to boot to 1600x1200x32@60 no problems with com.apple.boot.plist, but no dice this time round. Have you managed to get a working driver?

Hey, I've got the same board as you - SATA, Audio, IDE all working beautifully. That Chrome9 IGP is a right pain though.

On 10.4.6 I got it to boot to 1600x1200x32@60 no problems with com.apple.boot.plist, but no dice this time round. Have you managed to get a working driver?

Nope - still no steps forward. How did you mange to change the resolution, and get audio working?

• 1 month later...

here:

http://www.hombrepac.com.ar/software-libre...buntu-edgy-610/

there´s a how-to to build up the driver for via Chrome9 IGP (under linux), maybe that is useful for use (since both linux and mac are based on unix)

and here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry744510

there is a thread i´ve made about this.