ASUS Z53T Installation

gio on the mic

2 posts in this topic

i'm writing down this to help people with this laptop getting a (quite) good leopard installation.

take it as a "work in progress" for now... :)

well as you can see in my signature i installed zephyroth amd 10.5.2 rev. 1.

(DO NOT TRY zephyroth amd 10.5.1 since it doesn't have the latest nforce sata driver by medevil and it won't get you anywhere)

if you don't know where to get the dvd iso then i guess you should just keep up with vista or xp or whatever o.s. your asus had on when you bought it.

but if you are really sick of it and still don't know where to get zephyroth iso, well, ask google! :)

so, you just downloaded zephyroth iso with azureus or your favourite bittorrent client. what's next?

burn it, toast it... just put it on a dvd. :)

then just boot your z53t from it and there you are: leopard setup is on!

now a little step back: did you say you were sick of windows? then skip the next paragraph.

if you plan to have a dual boot system with vista/xp and leopard in it you need to partition your hard drive first.

if you don't know how to partition then i'm pretty sure you shouldn't be here, but in case just ask google again or search this forum which has plenty of threads about different methods to do this (a linux live cd with gparted is my advice).

ok, so now you have your hard disk ready with one or more partition...

if you didn't do it before then choose "utility->disk utility" in the installer menu and initialize the partition where you want to install with extended hf journaled format and some name of your choice (what about "leopard", just to be original? :plane: )

then close disk utility and get to screen with the custom and install buttons (just click continue and accept till there).

choose custom...

here you need to flag/select:

- kernel 9.2

- nforce 4 / 5 / 6 driver by medevil

- graphic cards > nvinject go

- audio > azalia

to get qe, ci and rotation to add this geforce go7300 id (0x01d710de) in the IOPCIPrimayMatch section in the following files:

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.plist

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist

to get dual display (lcd + vga) on this geforce go7300 you need to modify the NVCAP value in /System/Library/Extensions/NVinjectGo.kext/Contents/Info.plist to look like this (if you a plist editor):

04000000 00000200 0D000000 00000007 00000000

if you use a text editor the string should look like this:

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAAAgANAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

</data>

(be back soon to continue...)

• 3 weeks later...

HEy MAn,

I have the same notebook and was wondering why my internet isn't working and I can't find those kext files:

"to get qe, ci and rotation to add this geforce go7300 id (0x01d710de) in the IOPCIPrimayMatch section in the following files:

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.plist

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist

to get dual display (lcd + vga) on this geforce go7300 you need to modify the NVCAP value in /System/Library/Extensions/NVinjectGo.kext/Contents/Info.plist to look like this (if you a plist editor):

04000000 00000200 0D000000 00000007 00000000

if you use a text editor the string should look like this:

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAAAgANAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

</data>"

How do I add those?

Thanks in advance!