Kalyway 10.5.1 on acer travelmate 290

Vinit

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am trying to install Kalyway 10.5.1 on to my acer Travel Mate 290 Laptop. the specs are Intel Centrino 1.3 GHZ, 512 Ram, 120 gb hdd ( 3 partitions of 40 gb each), sse2. i have installed kalyway on 2 partitions.

1. one one partition when i boot up its stuck on the apple Grey logo screen with the circle spinning endlessly. with the -v command , its stuck on the io buffer line.

2. on the other partition install, the screen is again stuck on grey apple logo screen but on that the wheel stops spinning after a few seconds,. with the -v command it says GFX0 graphic driver family failed.

please help. Thanks in advance,

Vinit

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I am trying to install Kalyway 10.5.1 on to my acer Travel Mate 290 Laptop. the specs are Intel Centrino 1.3 GHZ, 512 Ram, 120 gb hdd ( 3 partitions of 40 gb each), sse2. i have installed kalyway on 2 partitions.

1. one one partition when i boot up its stuck on the apple Grey logo screen with the circle spinning endlessly. with the -v command , its stuck on the io buffer line.

2. on the other partition install, the screen is again stuck on grey apple logo screen but on that the wheel stops spinning after a few seconds,. with the -v command it says GFX0 graphic driver family failed.

please help. Thanks in advance,

Vinit

I have the same problem with this laptop. I try to install kalyway 10.5.2 new DVD and the same trouble. Any idea? Thanks

• 2 years later...

I can now install iPC 10.5.6 on Acer TravelMate 290 and then Upgrade to 10.5.8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you done install with the CD, You will not be able to start the system !!! What you need to do is to boot with the CD again and do the following,

Open Terminal,

1. cd /Volumes/XXXX/System/Library/ where XXXX is the Partition Name you install LEOPARD

2. sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions Cache

3. sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions.mkext .

Then you restart the installed system with flag -v -f

Now you get Leopard on TravelMate 290.