ADI Soundmax HD Audio users read here

Kentaro

8 posts in this topic

instead of wasting your time searching the forum, let me just tell you that it does not work on leopard. no driver exists for this audio hardware at the moment. we'll wait until someone creates a patch to make it work.

my hardware is:

HP Compaq 6720s running Leopard 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel. everything works except HD audio.

Your AD1981 isn't supported, this is not generalisable to all ADI chips.

AD1980 is one of the best supported chips so far, all inputs and outputs working, both digital and analog, with 5.1, and all this only using stock kexts.

You'd better put this in the wiki, it would help making the HCL database better

PS: modified your computer model, was 6270s instead of 6720s

• 7 months later...

instead of wasting your time searching the forum, let me just tell you that it does not work on leopard. no driver exists for this audio hardware at the moment. we'll wait until someone creates a patch to make it work.

my hardware is:

HP Compaq 6720s running Leopard 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel. everything works except HD audio.

i have the same laptop hp compaq 6720s i have 2 problems graphics and audio im running iatkos 10.5.1 everything is ok exept 2 problems can anybody help ?

if your device is ADI1981HD, a driver does exist since a long time and it fixes also the mute button problem wich was affecting only the hp notebook.

just give me your mail in PM as i don't find any attach file button, the file name is : AppleAzaliaAudioADI1981_Installer.v2.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My thinkpad r61i run with Mac leopard 10.5.2,,,, Can not driver CPU core duo. Show it only have one CPU..... and also can not driver the ADI soundmax ineragted digital HD audio,, AD1984 ven-11D4. Are any body driver the ADI soundmax succesfully?

My MSN : qunfeng_sun@live.cn

anybody can help me? ;)