Zephyroth 10.5.2 kernel panic

danny_saucedo

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I downloaded the new release and am having trouble booting it. The install went smoothly and complete. After the system reboots, I see the bootloader and it starts to load but all I get is a white screen with the apple logo. After a second, a nice grey screen appears telling me to restart. So I booted with -v to see what the panic was and saw this

"com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components:

use only one style.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A7BED): Kernel trap at 0x20d2d43c, type 14=page fault, registers:

"com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components:

use only one style.

It stops booting at

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0.0

Is there a solution to this. I've checked my BIOS but settings are limited. Is there a solution to this panic. Should I delete the kext and see what happens? If so how would I do that? I have a HP572US notebook.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I ve got a similar problem with my Hp compaq (nw8440), for me the solution is two switch to a single core usage instead of two as it should. It then starts and works nicely; don't know why. Trying to solve.

Hope helps

Compaq nw8840

uphuck 5.1 - upgraded 5.2 combo kalyway - efi v 8 - kernel 9.2 sleep - graphic update