Trouble installing Kalyway on Acer Aspire 1642WLMI

isaacj87

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Brand new here to this whole scene and I'm trying to install Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 on an Acer Aspire 1642WLMI Laptop.

Specs are:

-Pentium M 1.73mhz (740)

-512 mb

-intel i915 (gma 900)

-dvdrw

-80gb ATA drive

The boot process goes fine and I'm able to get to the installation screen and start install as well...I'm not sure how I'm supposed to partition the HDD so I just do 1 partition with MBR. I then customize it to use sse2 and leave the bootloader option the same...I get about halfway through the installation in which the laptop stops doing anything...no activity from the dvd drive or ram...Can someone help me out please? I'm still pretty new to this...is my hardware incompatible?

Thanks!

So I made a new DVD installation disc (burned at 1x) and I tried doing the install again...I chose only sse2 option and MBR efi (i formatted my HDD to MBR)...and still I'm getting this problem...It stops installing about halfway (saying about 1 hour and 9 minutes remaining) with no error and no activity from the laptop...Should I just leave my laptop on for a long time and see if the installation continues?

So I definitely left the laptop on all night during the installation and it still didn't finish...is there something I'm doing wrong? Somebody with simliar hardware that may have had the same problem? I'd love to have the bragging rights of having OS X on my laptop! :unsure:

Thanks for any help!