Install 7900GTX

gre2397

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone firstly i would like to point out that i am a complete noob when it comes to installing drivers and hardware so if you do reply please make it as simple as possible

(like your speaking to a 5 year old)

now as you may have guessed my problem is i have no idea how do install my graphics card (Albatron 512Mb 7900GTX) on my iATKOS 1.0i R2 installation so if anyone can put out a guide or give a link for a guide it would be more than welcome.

Thnx for your time

i have xfx 7900gtx 512 0x0290 and i would like help getting more than 1024x768.

i too am a total noob as far as osx goes, i could steal my kids 8600gt to use but won't somebody please think of the children ;) .

i have done it the Kalyway and have 10.5.2 running with sound and support for all other hardware thanks to the help of a friend and the posts on this forum, i just have this last hurdle to jump before i can start to test playing games.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, i have Nvidia GeForce 7900 GTX and Quartz Extreme is NOT supported. However the resolution is working, so is the display calibrating.

I see that this card is very rare for hackintoshers, but someone could help?

I did put my 0x029010de in GeForce, NVDAResman and NVDANV40Hal kexts, but still nothing.

I really want to enable Quartz Extreme.

Could someone point us to the right direction?

• 3 months later...

QE on 7900 GTX 512 Snow Leopard, Cant get it to work...

hello! just have a small problem where I have tried adding EFI strings which results in a bluescreen, graphics enabler also results in a blue screen after the apple loading screen. With NvInject it works for my cinema display just no QE and also if i boot into safemode without NVInject it recognises the 7900GTX but also without QE.

Is there anything else i could do to enable QE?

thanks! wing

my graphics card is a 7900GTX 512MB

• 2 months later...

Please will someone help me to get this graphics card working on my computer. It is an XFX Geforce 7900GTX.

I have tried nvinject, nvkush, and nvenabler but to no avail.

On nvenabler I am greeted with a blue screen on boot.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Alternatively, what card (relatively cheap) can I get that can replace my current one and will work 100% with osx? I have a gigabyte GA-965-P S3 and an Intel E6300 1.86 ghz so I would need a card that would work with my system.