Leo AMD on Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7429

macmarsyl

5 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, and i want to say hello to everybody first. Thank you also for the useful hints I found here until today...

I hope somebody can help me. I tried to install on my laptop Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7429 (AMD Athlon 64X2 TK-55) the Zephirot release of Leo 10.5.1 (ToH kernel) first, and the new 10.5.2 now. In both cases the install DVD boots fine, until the following lines (in verbose mode) appear:

IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x6ad3bc0

Here the boot process freezes and no way to proceed ahead.

I think it can be an USB issue: if I connect something (like ext. DVD players, HDs or USB pendrives...) to at least three of the six USB ports on the laptop, the boot doesn't hang anymore and I can proceed with the installation. Unfortunately I have the same problem booting from the installed system on HD, so I have to bring with me all my external peripherals in order to use MacOs (a little bit boring...).

Someone had my same problem? It can be solved using some parameter at Darwin loading (i have tried -x, -legacy etc. without results) or modifying some installation files on the DVD too?

Thank you in advance