Kalyway won't boot (spinner stops spinning)

redsox2003

11 posts in this topic

Okay, so I installed Kalyway on my HP Pavilion dv1175 and it seemed to go okay. I made two partitions, one being a FAT32 Windows XP (partition 1) and other being Mac OS Extended (Journaled) Mac OS X partition (partition 2). For the packages I selected SSE2_System, Azalia_out, and BOOT_efi_mbr. What I was planning to do is install Kalyway, then reinstall Windows XP on the FAT32 partition. Then, since Windows will make it's partition active, install Acronis Disk Director Suite to make Mac OS X's partition active. Then, install OS Selector to boot into the two operating systems. But, unfortunately I can't get passed the grey Apple screen. The time runs down and then the grey Apple logo screen comes up. It starts spinning and then it stops and doesn't restart. So, I have to shutdown. I could just reinstall Windows XP, but I hope someone can fix this so I can boot into Mac OS X. Here's the link to the YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJJCBl26vtU.

looked at the clip you had posted. so this is after you installed mac osx or when you want to install it... hit next time F8 and start with -v and record it and upload the movie.... maybe we would know then what the problem is

I actually did do that, pressed F8 then -x for safe boot. But, the bootloader still freezes!!! It takes a longer time to freeze (it spins for maybe like 10 seconds longer) but then it does freeze. WTF is wrong! Sorry, I will make a video soon, I installed JaS Mac OS X 10.4.6 in the mean time (which installed perfectly). but i forgot to dual-boot w/ xp, so yesterday i just reinstalled xp. so, i will make a vid asap.

Okay, it still doesn't work even after I repair disk permissions for my Mac partition. I went back to the install disk and then to Disk Utility and then First Aid on my Mac partition and Repair Disk Permissions. I even verified the permissions as well. The only things I selected was SSE2_system and BOOT_efi_mbr. I really don't get what is wrong. In BIOS, I have nothing I can change because it's a stupid HP, not custom built. I think I'm going to reinstall it with no other options except for BOOT_efi_mbr.