Denied icon in Kalyway installer.

Knifa

3 posts in this topic

While trying to boot up the OSX86 installer, I get past the initial loader and onto the one with the Apple logo and the spinny circly thing. After about a minute or two, I get a little denied icon in front of the Apple logo. I'm assuming this means it is refusing to install and didn't really think it would, but I'd like to make sure if my assumptions are correct.

The laptop is some horrible generic thing with a P4 3.2ghz, not even a mobile processor, a ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 and I have no idea what the chipset is. I wasn't particulary expecting it to work but it would have been nice.

So yes, does the denied icon mean there is no hope?

Edit:

On closer inspection by using "-v" it seems it fails to mount the drives or some such, spamming "Still waiting for root device" in the console. Oh well.

So yes, does the denied icon mean there is no hope?

While I do not know there's a hope or not, the icon means the installer doesn't see your HDD (more specifically, waiting your HDD). One way to verify such a claim is to boot the machine with F8 key pressed down until Darwin boot loader shows up. Then boot into verbose mode by giving "-v" followed by hitting enter key. At the end of loading kexts and diagnostic messages, if it says "Waiting for BSD root: disk...", then the installer is waiting forever for the HDD.

--S

While I do not know there's a hope or not, the icon means the installer doesn't see your HDD (more specifically, waiting your HDD). One way to verify such a claim is to boot the machine with F8 key pressed down until Darwin boot loader shows up. Then boot into verbose mode by giving "-v" followed by hitting enter key. At the end of loading kexts and diagnostic messages, if it says "Waiting for BSD root: disk...", then the installer is waiting forever for the HDD.

--S

Seems that is indeed the case. Curses!