MSI 965 neo and Kalyway 10.5.1 = "can't find com.apple.boot.plist"

SlimosX

18 posts in this topic

Ok Everyone this is my 1st Thread here.I tried everything before asking this Q or typing this thread through the many other threads that are available on the very same topic but I failed to install Leo

Here is what i did till now:

-I burned the DvD at 4x

-Im booting from a converted from IDE to USb DvD-rom and the MB detects it as USB so no prob

-The only HDD im getting when the DVD boots is formatted NTFS and is connected to the fisrt Sata port in the MB

-After I press enter too Boot Im getting the Error what should I do??

I formatted the Whole HD with the Xp disk and it said NTFS[MBR] as far as i can remember.

The thing is I cant load the apple logo or screen since i get "can't find com.apple.boot.plist"

Adding to that I cant choose between the HDs but it loaded the right one automatically so im not complaining :lol:

Im using the MSI 965 Neo and a Core 2 duo E6600 with 3 GB ram

I know its a small thing thats cauzing this error but I dont want to give up

Please help if anyone knows why im getting this ERROR

Thank you all

There are multiple threads all over the forums about this particular subject, please refer to the thread located Here

I have answered alot of users questions on this subject and hopefully reading the above thread will give you some ideas. The main solution to this error is turning AHCI off.

Good Luck and Welcome to the forums. :D

Thanks for thef ast reply man

I read about the AHCI but to be honest i really dont know what its is and i cant find it in my bios

Under what menu is it or what does it do So I can search for it

I think this is the only instruction left for me to do and everything else is done

Im a N00b :P

Ok, Here are a few things for you to research, I would do all the work for you, but where is the fun in that? :P

MSI 965 Neo SATA Problem

MSI P965 Neo BIOS Update(v. 1.10 7/5/07) Here

Please give me detailed specs of your system to allow me to help you better. :P

MSI P965 Neo Stats:

• Supports Socket 775 for Intel® Pentium 4 3xx, 5xx, 6xx, 8xx, 9xx processors.

• Supports FSB 1066/800 MHz

• Supports EIST technology

• Supports Intel® Hyper-Threading technology.

• Supports Intel® Dual Core Technology up to 1066 MHz.

• Intel® P965 Chipset- Supports FSB 800/1066MHz.- Supports PCI Express x 16 graphics interface.- Supports dual channel, DDRII 533/667/800

• Intel® ICH8 Chipset- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) controller, 480Mb/sec, up to 8 ports.- 4 SATAII ports with transfer rate up to 300MB/s.- PCI Master v2.3, I/O APIC.- ACPI 2.0 compliant.

• Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.8 Volt DDRII SDRAM

• Supports up to 8GB memory size (DDRII 533/667).

• Supports up to 4GB memory size (DDRII 800).

• Supports dual channel DDRII memory architecture.

• Supports DDRII 533/667/800 memory interface.

• One PCI Express x16 slot. (supports PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant)

• Two PCI Express x1 slots. (supports PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant)

• Three PCI 2.3 32-bit PCI bus slots (support 3.3V/5V PCI bus interface).

• One Ultra DMA 66/100/133 IDE controller integrated in JMicron® JMB361.- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes.- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode..

SATAII controller integrated in ICH8/JMicron JMB361- Up to 300MB/sec transfer speed.- 4 SATAII ports by ICH8.- 1 SATAII port by JMicron JMB361.

• High Definition link controller integrated in Intel® ICH8 chip.

• Audio codec Realtek® 883.- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 spec.- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing.

Realtek® RTL8110SC- Supports 10/100/1000 Mb/s.- Compliane with PCI 2.2.- Supports ACPI Power Management.

Ok I updated everything only the Jmicron needed the update the Bios was up to date

back to the specs

beside he MB the processor is E6600 2.4GHZ 3GB Kingston 667 Ram and everything should be working according to the WIKI except of the onboard sound but i have an external that has a Mac driver so no compatibility problems

btw I googled but I still cant find the AHCI thing

Here is a link to the Bios Menu

http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?optio...mp;limitstart=2

Thanks for your help again

OK,

You have 3Gb or Ram so you will we ok with the 4Gb limit right now. You need to do a few things though:

Go into your bios: This Page

- Disable Set Limit CPUID MaxVal to: xxx

- Disable Intel SpeedStep Technology

- Disable Virtualization Technology

- Disable Execute Bit Support

OK now, just disable these for the time being since I have read a few post where some bios settings need to be disabled. :P

Try these and give me a holler.

*By the way: My Fiber Optic Line has been acting up on me. I think my Core Router is about to bomb out on me. :D So be patient, I promise I will reply.

Hi. I am a MSI P965 user, and installed Leopard very recently. Before that i had tried every way (IDE to SATA converters, USB DVDs etc...)

First off all if there is any component attached to IDE port you cannot install OSX and will see that /com.apple..... error. Unplug 'em all!!

Never use a IDE interfaced DVD attached to an external USB box. It doesn't work. OSX cannot acces any IDE interface on this mobo. So do as i do get a SATA DVD. If u don't then you need a true miracle ;)

My BIOS version is the latest 1.10, works without problemfrom BIOS disable LAN option ROM (if enabled) it should be under integrated peripherals or somewhere.and i suggest u to use Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD. I use it and it works flawlessly..Good Luck :)

and if you manage to get the holy installer screen DO NOT USE ANY SPACE naming your hard drive (in disk utility to format your hdd). Or u get a yellow triangle error at the very end of installation :P

any questions?? Refer to my MSI P965 neo guide here ;)

Megavolkan

Wow thanks for the tip about naming your hard drive. I had an install working but got a larger HD and I guess I was naming my disk "big mac" and got the yellow triangle install failure every time, but I renamed it with no spaces and presto. I wish they would add that to the install guide or if it is there make it stand out more because it drove me nuts.

thanks again

I did :

- Disable Set Limit CPUID MaxVal to: xxx

- Disable Intel SpeedStep Technology

- Disable Virtualization Technology

- Disable Execute Bit Support

- Disable LAN option ROM

but I still get the Error, only left is the SATA DVD-rom I will try to put my hands on a SATA DVD-rom today and tell you what happend meanwhile I will continue researching to be quite sure that this is the option that will solve my problem

I did :- Disable Set Limit CPUID MaxVal to: xxx- Disable Intel SpeedStep Technology- Disable Virtualization Technology- Disable Execute Bit Support- Disable LAN option ROM but I still get the Error, only left is the SATA DVD-rom I will try to put my hands on a SATA DVD-rom today and tell you what happend meanwhile I will continue researching to be quite sure that this is the option that will solve my problem

You don't need to disable first four, i have them all enabled and they seems fine and working. Getting a SATA DVD should be your first priority ;)

Until i had one last week, i thought i would never install osx on this mobo and going to buy a new board because all that time i was getting /com.apple.Boot error.

U know what? It WAS ALL IDE DVD FAULT!! Now i'm a happy osx user :thumbsup_anim:

THOU SHALL NOT FORGET: HE WHO HAVE THE IDE PORTS EMPTY, IS A HAPPY HACINTOSH USER :P

Megavolkan Wow thanks for the tip about naming your hard drive. I had an install working but got a larger HD and I guess I was naming my disk "big mac" and got the yellow triangle install failure every time, but I renamed it with no spaces and presto. I wish they would add that to the install guide or if it is there make it stand out more because it drove me nuts. thanks again

ur welcome ;)

Hard Drive naming schemes/rules have been posted all over the forums.*YOU NEED TO LIMIT YOUR HDD NAMES TO ONE WORD* :shock:

Yeah no problem to have a single-word-drive-name, but why???I even now fear to rename my workin' OSX installed drive after all :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...