Asus G2s-X1 Gamer Series Laptop

Glenn-Japan

9 posts in this topic

Now that 10.5.2 is Out.

I am in serious need for guidance on Installing Leopard on this machine.

I am currently Running Unbuntu, But would prefer to swap over to Leopard. I Am in Yokohama Japan. SO I am hoping to find someone in the area or willing to guide me through this install process.

Cheers!

• Enhanced Intel® Centrino® processor technology with interrelated Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T7500, Intel® 965PM chipset, Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965AGN network connection (802.11a/b/g/n), extended battery life capability
  • 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 memory for multitasking power; 800MHz frontside bus, 4MB L2 cache and 2.2GHz processor speed
  • SuperMulti double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; supports LightScribe direct-disc labels using compatible LightScribe media

• 17" WUXGA widescreen display with Asus Splendid Video Enhancement Technology and 1920 x 1200 resolution
  • Receive notification of instant messages or e-mails on the information display, located just above the keyboard, during games
  • 250GB hard drive (4200 rpm)
  • NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT graphics with 256MB DDR3 video memory; up to 1GB with TurboCache; Azalia audio chip; S-video output and HDMI connection
  • Built-in 1.3-megapixel Web cam makes it easy to send video mail to family and friends
  • 5-in-1 media reader supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card
  • 1 IEEE 1394 port and 4 high-speed USB 2.0 ports for fast digital video, audio and data transfer
  • Built-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector; V.92 modem

I have an Asus G2S too, pretty much same specs as yours except my display is WXGA. I had no luck with kalyway installation.

After adding cpu=1 I was able to finally go thru the end of the install, but then when it wont boot.

I am trying to install on a USB disk.

Any hints?

My g2s is a wxga also.

1920 resolution. I have not yet tempted to try it yet

as it is my only Laptop while in Tokyo, Dont want to shotgun my Drive

Wireless Gigalan is neccesary for my life here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have an Asus G2S too, pretty much same specs as yours except my display is WXGA. I had no luck with kalyway installation.

After adding cpu=1 I was able to finally go thru the end of the install, but then when it wont boot.

I am trying to install on a USB disk.

Any hints?

It is the same for me with Kalyway 10.5.2

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=106353

Note I do not try any other distro.

• 1 month later...