iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso Installation Using Guide Failing

fcastro

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am following a step by step guide with one exception which I will mark below but when I get to the erase disk withing OSX Disk Utility it fails.

Specs:

-Inspiron e1505/6400

-Windows XP

-iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso

Installation Step by Step:(thanks to Tutorial video by: vertigo173)

-Installed Acronis Disk Director Suite 10

-Added a 15 gig partitioned (fat32 and made a primary partition) named "MacOS_X"

-Installed Acronis Boot Loader

-Booted off of iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso (instead of the JaS Mac OS 10.4.7 Intel/AMD Install DVD as the video uses)

-OSX Install starts and when I go into Utilities/Disk Utilty I see all of my partitions including the "MACOS_X" one. So then I select it, and goto ERASE (MAC OS Extended (Journaled) and I name it "Mac OS"

At this point it should format the partition and name it "Mac OS" and of course make it into a Mac partition BUT it doesn't. Partition loses its original name remains a "Windows_FAT_32" partition.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

PS I have my partitions setup like this:

Dell Utility Partion (hidden) | C:WindowsXP (NTFS primary) | D:is a (NTFS logical) partition for files | E:is a (NTFS logical) | F:is a (FAT32, primary) for OSX install

you should set your partition as primary by using acronis disk director. I don't remember exactly but in acronis disk director suite right click the partition which you want to install iatkos and there should be an option to set this partition as primary. after that you can erase your partiton with disk utility.

good luck