Sigmatel 9200; 9221 is Not Working

macfan45

4 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I have been trying to get my sound card working for atleast a day now. I have a Gateway GT5012 and have a (according to the audio codec under windows) a sigmatel 9200. I downloaded and edited many sigmatel 9200 dumps and used the v.08 and v1.7 appleHDAPatchers but nothing seems to work. I have gotten to the point where I retrieved my own dump from the audio working under ubuntu 7.10 (I have attached it). This dump states that I have a sigmatel 9221 A1 card. Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction. Thanks in advanced.

codec2.txt

You may want to try the audio kext posted at my sig. My audio chipset is labeled as 9220, but my Linux dump show it as SigmaTel STAC9221 A1 too. I don't know if it will work but hey, you don't lose anything by trying. Don't forgeto to repair permissions.

Good luck.

EDIT: You'll need to connect your speakers to the blue jack, not the green.

You may want to try the audio kext posted at my sig. My audio chipset is labeled as 9220, but my Linux dump show it as SigmaTel STAC9221 A1 too. I don't know if it will work but hey, you don't lose anything by trying. Don't forgeto to repair permissions.

Good luck.

EDIT: You'll need to connect your speakers to the blue jack, not the green.

Worked Perfectly. Thanks a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...