10.5.1 - cannot repair permissions

jwjames83

1 post in this topic

Noob here - but trying to learn as quick as possible. I've gone through several of the threads here and can't find a definitive answer as to why 1) I cannot repair permissions when installing Kalyway 10.5.1 EFI v. 8, and 2) I cannot get passed the part where it asks you if you want to transfer your "old" information.

I was running 10.4.9 uphuck just fine. Are there any guides on how to "upgrade" from this working version to 10.5.1 Kalyway?

I read that if you repair permissions after installing 10.5.1 that it would fix the error of the continuous loop when selected "Do not transfer my information", however it says there were issues when I tried to repair - but it also says that it won't repair them.

Any help is much appreciated. I'm currently getting iAtkos v. 1.0i r2 and when I'm done getting it - will try to install that.

I'm running a Dell Inspiron E510 with default hardware: x300 ATI, Intel 100/Pro & the HD Audio (9220 I believe); OSX86 being installed on a seperate IDE drive.

Thanks for reading, and for any help in advance!

P.S. - even if anyone can point me in the right direction with threads or information, that'd be great too!