HFS+ Partition Error iAtkos 1.0i and ir2

Arkidas

8 posts in this topic

I've tried both iAtkos 1.0i and ir2 following this guide: http://inihilist.wordpress.com/2008/01/07/...and-fool-proof/

I've always tried to use EFI ( vanilla kernel ) is that a problem for my hardware? I have Gigabyte DQ6 X38 Motherboard, Ultra 8800 Graphic card and Q6600 processor and a 150gb raptor HDD.

I always get HFS+ Partition Error after installing.

Hi this is normal when u update vista or may be xp.....cos windows tries to define a different partition table to ur drive n thereby given u the error..............but thanks to some big brains in this forum there is the solution.......

do this n reply if it helps.........

suppose after installing of ur IATKOS u get this HFS+ error

then boot into the iATKOS DVD into single user mode..................(-s at Darwin prompt)

then type these commands.....

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (suppose disk0 is ur disk identity.......which has ur Leopard installation)

flag x (where x is ur OS X partition number)

update

write

quit

and finally

reboot

hopefully ur machine will boot normally

if it reoccrus........

then try this to fix it

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (where again '0' is ur disk identity....)

flag X (where X is ur partition identity for OS X)

setpid X (again X should be ur partition identity)

AF ( i think it is the hex identity for partition HFS+ or so.....just type it n hit return)

quit

and finally

reboot

only type the command which i hv bolding....

all the best..

Update: I tried. When I go into -s mode and type "fdisk -e /dev/rdisk 0" without quotes, nothing happens at all and of course none of the other commands work either. If I wasn't clear, I want to emphasize that I installed VISTA first just like the guide points out. Then I created a partition in VISTA according to the guide and installed iAtkos on it after using Disk utility to erase. ( I also did the Darwin commands when I was trying the 1.0i version but it'd not needed in 1.0ir2 ).

Help anyone?

hehe dont worry ;) i guess u put a space between the rdisk and the disk number(fdisk -e /dev/rdisk 0).......pls try not to make mistakes when u type commands.......n be sure u know the disk identify number....... u should type it like i showed fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 without space inbetwen the rdisk and 0........

all the best

Update: I tried. When I go into -s mode and type "fdisk -e /dev/rdisk 0" without quotes, nothing happens at all and of course none of the other commands work either. If I wasn't clear, I want to emphasize that I installed VISTA first just like the guide points out. Then I created a partition in VISTA according to the guide and installed iAtkos on it after using Disk utility to erase. ( I also did the Darwin commands when I was trying the 1.0i version but it'd not needed in 1.0ir2 ).

Help anyone?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...