Kalyway never goes past white screen with apple logo

3xploit

13 posts in this topic

SPECS: Intel DG965WH motherboard

Core 2 Duo e6300

3gb 667 ram

60 gb ide hd

radeon x1600

After it finishes loaing darwin/x86, it goes to the white screen with the apple logo and just stops there. After a couple minutes of that my dvd drive stops working and I geet the circle with a line through it (like a no smoking sign, without the cigarette) and then it just stays there forever. Now I can't even boot up XP again, even though I've tried putting in my original XP cd and repairing it.

Please help

3xploit,

When your comp. boots up, press F8 at the Darwinx86 screen and then enter "-v" then hit enter. You can find out what is causing the hang/crash/kernel panic this way...

:)

I've got the same problom. It will boot to white screen and then after a while a sign close to the no smoking sign comes up and it just goes on. There might be something thats not set in the bios but I have no clue what has to be set. I have tried both kalyway and toh dvd.

Im running:

Intel Core 2 quad Q6600

Intel Classic series dg33bu motherboard

Nvidia 8600 gt 256 ddr3 video card

4 gigs of ram

Thx Jaredish and VanillaTbone,

Jaredish: I only have one IDE hard disk, do I need two to install Kalyway?

VanillaTbone: After I do -v, it says "still waiting for root device"

No you don't need two, I was just saying how I fixed mine.

Try this, boot into the DVD and when it asks for startup options hit F8 and type -f -v and see what kernel panics you get. Post them here.

I was using a sata hard driveI was using a sata hard drive. I also get the message "Still waiting for root device" The disk led stopes blinking.

UPDATE: I did -f -v and it stoped on "Still Waiting for root device" But the line before that was:

"Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Once again my specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad q6600

Intel DG33BU Motherboard

Nvidia 8600gt 256 gddr3 Video Card

4 Gigs Ram

etc,

I myself just sucessfully got Leopard installed using a IDE 300GB Western Digital HDD and an IDE NEC DVD Burner.

I did put the DVD Burner in an external HDD enclosure though... ;)

Try to place your IDE devices on Master/Slave instead of Cable Select

• 3 months later...

hey dude please help me when i boot and press f8 and then -v my pc hangs onWaiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>plz help meif you want any help me on hacking consoles iwill help plz help me first it would be a great gain for methanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanksin advanceplz help me i am waiting from 2 monthsplz dont read and close it just help me once i will be happyyou will be my fan plz